jeudi 16 mars 2017

GETTING ORGANISED IN AUSTRALIA/ ON S'ORGANISE EN AUSTRALIE

Our new house is big, with a little garden at the front and another at the back, with a little pool at the back and many rooms in the house as well as in the shed, it's great, but it needs cleaning, watering, removing the dead leaves, trimming, mowing the grass, putting chlore and God-knows-what-else inside the pool...

Notre nouvelle maison est grande, avec un petit jardin devant et un autre derriere, avec une petite piscine et de nombreuses pieces dans la maison ainsi que dans l'annexe, c'est genial, mais cela demande a etre nettoye, arrose, il faut enlever les feuilles mortes, tailler, tondre l'herbe, mettre du chlore et Dieu-sait-quoi d'autre dans la piscine...

If I decide to be a super woman and do all that myself, + walking Kai Phong 3 times a day, I will have no time left to paint. By the way... Kai Phong "passed" the test and will only stay in quarantine for 10 days (instead of 3 weeks). She'll be back home next Friday morning. Well done Kai-Phong, Mazel Tov!!!!

Si je decide d'etre une superwoman et de faire tout moi-meme + de promener Kai-Phong 3 fois par jour, je n'aurai pas le temps de peindre. A propos... Kai-Phong a "reussi" le test et ne restera en quarantaine que 10 jours (au lieu de 3 semaines). Elle arrivera chez nous Vendredi prochain au matin. Bravo Kai Phong- Mazel Tov!!!!

The most important thing is cleaning the house, so I sent a text to Sandy (the Melbournien cousin of Mish, my sister in law from London) asking her if she knew a good  helper. Sandy gave me the mobile of - not a helper but "a cleaning lady" - (much nicer isn't it?) called Rosalia, advising me not to phone Rosalia but to text her. If you want to be efficient you have to follow the instructions!!! so I texted Rosalia and received an immediate answer : Rosalia is interested and will see me the following day. 

Le plus important est le menage dans la maison, aussi envoye-je un texto a Sandy (la cousine Melbournienne de Mish, ma belle-soeur Londonienne), lui demandant si elle connaissait une bonne helpeuse. Sandy me donna le numero de portable non pas d'une helpeuse mais d'une "cleaning Lady" - Dame de menage (plus gentil comme appellation, non?) du doux nom de Rosalia et me recommandant non pas de l'appeler mais de lui envoyer un SMS.  Si on vise a l'efficacite, il faut toujours bien suivre les instructions !!! Donc j'envoyai un SMS a Rosalia et recut une reponse immediate, Rosalia etait interessee et me verrait le lendemain matin.

Arriving just from Hong-Kong, I expected to see a tiny and frail little Philippino lady, but a stout and short westerner lady came with an accent I could not place. After having asked me where I was born, she told me she came from Poland. 

Arrivant tout juste de Hong-Kong, je m'attendais a une frele et menue petite Philippine mais une occidentale costaud et rablee arriva avec un accent que je n'arrivais pas a situer. Apres m'avoir demande ou j'etais nee elle me dit qu'elle etait Polonaise.

Mine G'ot!!! (Jewish or antisemitic?) She was wearing a sort of star of David necklace, but nothing else was Jewish in her. I asked, she told me : "no" but all my clients are Jewish" and I worked for the Ark (a synagogue). 

Mon Dieu!!! (Juive ou antisemite?) Elle portait une sorte de Magen David, mais rien en elle n'etait Juif. Je le lui demandai et elle me repondit : "Non" mais tous mes clients le sont et j'ai travaille a l'Arche (une synagogue).

Then I showed her the house and she proposed to start at once. She had all her tools in her car : "I am a professional cleaner she told me, I love my job" and she had a special Hoover which she carried on her back (it reminded me of Ghost Busters...). Indeed she looks very professional! It's good for the house to have someone around who enjoys cleaning!!!!

Ensuite, je lui fis visiter la maison et elle me proposa de commencer tout de suite. Elle avait tout son materiel dans sa voiture " "Je suis une professionnelle du menage, j'adore mon job"et elle avait un aspirateur special qu'elle portait comme un sac a dos (ca m'a rappele Ghost Busters...) elle a vraiment l'air pro! C'est excellent pour la maison d'avoir au moins quelqu'un qui aime nettoyer!!!

Rosalia cleaned my future studio and made a list of all the material she needed. What we had bought Myriam and I, in a supermarket "is good for you, but not for a professional cleaner! I'll get what I need" This ex-Polish now Australian Cleaning Leady is going to be an interesting character!!!!

Rosalia nettoya mon futur atelier et fit une liste du materiel dont elle avait besoin. Ce que Myriam et moi avions achete au supermarche " C'est bon pour vous, mais pas pour une pro du nettoyage! Je vais acheter ce dont j'ai besoin". Cette dame ex-Polonaise desormais Australienne semble un caractere des plus interessants! 

On Tuesday I am meeting David, the Pool guy and on Wednesday Kierin, the guy in charge of the garden. They are paid by tho owner, but if I have special requests it is on me... for instance if we want to plant more flowers, or fruit trees. We are also going to need a handyman, unless one of them can do the job. I hope they will be as fun as Rosalia...

Mardi je rencontre David, le gars en charge de la piscine, et Mercredi, Kierin le gars en charge du jardin. Ils sont payes par le proprietaire,  mais si nous avons des demandes speciales, comme planter de nouvelles fleurs ou arbres fruitiers, c'est a nos frais. J'espere qu'ils seront aussi rigolos que Rosalia... Il va nous falloir aussi un bricoleur... a moins qu'un des deux ne soit polyvalent.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire